[pdal] PDAL 1.1.0 Released

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Nov 25 11:07:25 PST 2015

All,

The PDAL development team is pleased to announce the release of PDAL 1.1.0. This release brings a number of new features including:

* readers.tindex -- create a GDAL-style tileindex with `pdal tindex` and then use it to merge and read data
* filters.dartthrowing -- see http://www.pdal.io/tutorial/dart-throwing.html for more
* filters.height -- see http://www.pdal.io/tutorial/calculating-normalized-heights.html for more
* readers.ilvis2 -- see http://www.pdal.io/stages/readers.ilvis2.html for more information
* filters.hexbin -- https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/pull/1042 now includes a simplified geometry from GEOS using TopologyPreservingSimplifier
* set the PDAL_DEBUG=on environment variable to see PDAL register/load its plugins

A number of bugs were fixed in this release including:

* https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/1010 -- Python numpy import failing
* https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/1040 https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/pull/1022 and https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/1049 -- PDAL SRS handling fixes
* https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/pull/1032 - BPF auto-offset
* https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/pull/1051 - readers.pgpointcloud oid selection

BEHAVIOR CHANGE

Some stages used a hackneyed Options/Option tree thing to define multiple options. This has been removed and flattened. Each stage now only has a single list of Option elements. We have tried to go through and clean up all uses and examples of this in the documentation and tests, but we've probably missed some.

http://www.pdal.io/download.html
http://download.osgeo.org/pdal/PDAL-1.1.0-src.tar.gz