[pdal] Request: add option for filename column

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:41:32 PDT 2015

Maybe no downside, it's just my background with gis systems that makes me
think the wrong way. I was looking at the PCID table as a kind of
spatial-reference table, where you can re-use every reference over and over
for different tables with geometry. Up to now it served us ok to deal with
multiple input files using the same PCID, but I can see the limitations.

In the end we might have to deal with partitions as well, since disks are
getting full. Is there any writing (articles, blog) you can share about
your experiences?

Best,
 Tom