[pdal] [EXTERNAL] Re: Migrating from libLAS

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Thu Sep 3 14:33:36 PDT 2015

Howard,

I'm wondering if GRASS would even be needed here. I would think that one could create a pipeline and use the filters.colorization filter to spatially join to the DEM vrt and apply the HAG values from the DEM to a new dimension (in LAS 1.4, or even something like BPF) and then stats could be run against the originally Z and the new Z. One could use the filters.merge to read N input files (although it would be much simpler if PDAL could read a pdal tindex file directly) and then write it out either to a single file or one could add a filters.chipper and a writer to write back out N files.

I haven't tested this scenario though.
----
Michael Smith
US Army Corps