[pdal] Pointcloud writer not available

Jean-Francois Prieur jfprieur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:38:36 PDT 2016

Hello,

Just got a new machine for work, I downloaded the latest 64-bit osgeo4w
installer and installed my usual suite of stuff (PDAL, PCL, QGIS, etc) and
all dependencies. For some reason, when I type pdal --drivers in the
osgeo4w command line (using admin privileges), writers.pointcloud is
missing. Other writers missing are nitf, p2g, pcd, pclvisualiser, sqlite.
This was working for us previously, both machines have windows 7 and
similar configurations.

Am I missing something obvious? pdal --version gives 1.1.0 (git-version:
64ca76) on both machines.

I tried searching and found things related to this problem (namely related
to paths) but this used to work flawlessly (older machine was installed in
early 2016) and now doesn`t which is puzzling.