[pdal] Pointcloud writer not available

Jean-Francois Prieur jfprieur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:59:33 PDT 2016

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I figured from the previous discussions
that a pathing issue is occuring.

We love docker and work with it, the only issue I have to research is that
we use Python scripts to call pdal via osgeo command line to insert point
clouds in our database using pgpointcloud writer.

We work in precision forestry so we have software that segments tree crowns
from lidar data. We then extract the point cloud for each individual tree
using the segmented vector tree crown shapes  Many metrics and features are
calculated and tagged to the crown (this is what the Python script that
creates the PDAL pipeline does) and then injected into the postgres
database, so they can be found in the database later.

We have not found a way (yet!) to interface via Docker the same way eg.
Call a pdal command line via docker from a Python script.

Everything would be much easier on Linux but I do not make that call!

Thanks for your help.