[pdal] Source Code Reorganization

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:21:18 PST 2016

In order to ease some issues related to the build process, we're planning
on reorganizing the source code of PDAL.  Here's what's happening:

All source code in subdirectories of the io directory will be moved to the
io directory itself.  All existing subdirectories of io will be removed as
will io/CMakeLists.txt.

All source code in subdirectories of the filters directory will be moved to
the filters directory itself.  All existing subdirectories of filters will
be removed as will filters/CMakeLists.txt.

All source code in subdirectories of the kernels directory will be moved to
the kernels directory itself.  All existing subdirectories of kernels will
be removed as will io/CMakeLists.txt.

The source code in the src directory and the include/pdal directory will be
moved to a directory called pdal.  The src and include directories will be
removed.

This change also facilitates a change in installation that may have proved
problematic when attempting to build the install PDAL headers.  We will
install the headers in the io/filters/kernels/plang and utils
subdirectories in the source tree into the same relative places in the
installation include directory.

For most PDAL users, this change should be transparent.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com