[pdal] PDAL 1.4.0 Released

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu Dec 15 11:00:12 PST 2016

It is my pleasure to announce the release of PDAL 1.4.0. Numerous features, bug fixes, and enhancements have been added since the 1.3.0 release in August. I would like to especially thank Andrew Bell and Brad Chambers for their significant enhancements to this release. Andrew coordinated the development of 'writers.gdal', which is a much more flexible points2grid replacement that does not require any external library. Brad refactored many of the PCL-dependent filters into stock PDAL ones, and he added a ton more capability for those looking to use PDAL in algorithm processing chains.

PDAL 1.4.0  also significantly enhances other language extensions with a preview Java/JNI binding by Rob Emanuel and Grisha Pomadchin of Azavea, and a significant refactor of the Python extension https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PDAL

Full release notes with descriptions of additions, enhancements, and bug fixes are available at https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/releases/tag/1.4.0 See a list of pull requests  merged in to 1.4.0 at https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/milestone/8?closed=1

Download of 1.4.0 source is available at the usual location http://www.pdal.io/download.html and the docker container at 'pdal/pdal:1.4' is up-to-date and ready to use.

Release Notes
 https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/releases/tag/1.4.0

Download