[pdal] Build pdal with python 3

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:45:15 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:40 AM, FE <flatearth at gmx.net> wrote:

> To my knowledge gcc on OS X is not gcc. It's a link to Apple LLVM which
> has a different versioning than original LLVM.

Yes, sorry.  It seems to be reporting the compiler version with which your
python was built, I think.

Still don't understand why you wouldn't have cstdint in the standard
location.

On my system it's in
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cstdint

You can verify your search path with:

programargs $ echo | gcc -Wp,-v -x c++ - -fsyntax-only

Which for me yields:

clang -cc1 version 7.0.0 based upon LLVM 3.7.0svn default target
x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0
ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/include/c++/v1"
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1
 /usr/local/include
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../lib/clang/7.0.0/include
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include
 /usr/include
 /System/Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
 /Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
End of search list.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com