[pdal] LNK1104: cannot open file pdalboost_filesystem-vc110-mt-gd-1_60.lib

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Feb 16 09:31:01 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm building PDAL, 64-bit target using VS2015 on Windows 10.
I have installed required OSGeo4W packages.

CMake reports the following configuration (build.bat is my custom script):

D:\dev\PDAL>build.bat 64
A subdirectory or file build64 already exists.
-- Found GDAL: c:/OSGeo4W64/lib/gdal_i.lib (Required is at least
version "1.9.0")
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - not found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Found ZLIB: c:/OSGeo4W64/lib/zlib.lib (found version "1.2.8")
-- Found PythonInterp: C:/Python34x86/python.exe (found version "3.4.3")
--
-- The following features have been enabled:

 * PDAL application , the PDAL command line application
 * Unit tests , PDAL unit tests

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have been found:

 * PostgreSQL
 * GeoTIFF (required version >= 1.3.0)
 * PythonInterp

-- The following REQUIRED packages have been found:

 * GDAL (required version >= 1.9.0)
   Provides general purpose raster, vector, and reference system support
 * GEOS (required version >= 3.3)
   Provides general purpose geometry support
 * ZLIB
   Compression support in BPF
 * Threads , The thread library of the system

-- The following features have been disabled:

 * Bash completion , completion for PDAL command line
 * Attribute plugin , apply attributes to a subset of points
 * CPD plugin , run Coherent Point Drift on two datasets
 * GeoWave plugin , Read and Write data using GeoWave
 * Greyhound plugin , read points from a Greyhound server
 * Hexbin plugin , determine boundary and density of a point cloud
 * Icebridge plugin , read data in the Icebridge format
 * Matlab plugin , write data to a .mat file
 * MrSID plugin , read data in the MrSID format
 * NITF plugin , read/write LAS data wrapped in NITF
 * PCL plugin , provides PCL-based readers, writers, filters, and kernels
 * PostgreSQL PointCloud plugin , read/write PostgreSQL PointCloud objects
 * SQLite plugin , read/write SQLite objects
 * RiVLib plugin , read data in the RXP format
 * Python plugin , add features that depend on python

-- The following RECOMMENDED packages have not been found:

 * LASzip
   Provides LASzip compression

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: D:/dev/PDAL/build64

Next, attempt to build using VS2015 IDE reports linker error which
I'm not sure how to understand as I see no such .lib specified
in any of generated .vcxproj files.

1>------ Build started: Project: pdal_util, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'pdalboost_filesystem-vc110-mt-gd-1_60.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Could anyone help me how to work around it?

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net