[pdal] Compilation error with PCL

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Wed Feb 17 19:05:24 PST 2016

So, I like the docker instance, but I've found if I throw 40 cores of
docker at a problem, and then try to kill them, docker gets fubared
beyond recognition... .

I probably should have built a new machine. Instead, I'm trying to
compile PDAL so I can run it natively. :)

I built the following libraries:
gdal, geotiff, proj.4, libxml2, Points2Grid, Hexer, Nitro, LASzip,
laz-perf, PCL

then a little cmake from my build directory:

cmake -DWITH_GEOTIFF=ON -DWITH_LASZIP=ON
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_PGPOINTCLOUD=ON -DBUILD_PLUGIN_HEXBIN=ON
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_PCL=ON -DBUILD_PLUGIN_ATTRIBUTE=ON  ../.

[ 53%] Built target pdal_filters_chipper_test

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-c99-extensions"
[-Werror]

cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

make[2]: *** [plugins/pcl/CMakeFiles/pdal_plugin_filter_ground.dir/
filters/GroundFilter.cpp.o]
Error 1

make[1]: *** [plugins/pcl/CMakeFiles/pdal_plugin_filter_ground.dir/all]
Error 2

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-c99-extensions"
[-Werror]

cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

etc.

Any hunch what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Best,