[pgpointcloud] resampling

Marian Peña ladelabichi at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 05:46:37 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am currently working with pointcloud in order to plot multibeam data (very dense). I
have my database in postgis and call it from a java jar (based on the NASA
worldwind jar) that implements sql calls.

First of all, I do
PC_Explode the patches before plotting as I am not sure how to use
the pcpatches in java, but this would probably speed the loading. My sql code
to get points from the database with the 4th dimension between -60 and -40 is:

SELECT
ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(pc_get(points.point,'x'),pc_get(points.point,'y'),pc_get(points.point,'z'),pc_get(points.point,'m')),4326)
FROM (
    SELECT
pc_explode(PC_FilterBetween(pa, 'm', -60, -40)) AS point
    FROM
database as rps

) as points

And the java jar plots this with:

final Point pt =
(Point)geom.getGeometry();
final MarkerAttributes attr = new
BasicMarkerAttributes(plotcolors(pt.m), BasicMarkerShape.SPHERE, 1d, 2, 2);

The point cloud is
very dense, and moving the figure around is very slow at close zoom level. I
thought that resampling would help but I have no idea how to do that (though I
would like to keep the resolution as much as possible).

Any help is welcomed!
Marian

Ps: I am quite new in sql/postgis/java as you can notice!