[pgpointcloud] Dimensions and CRS

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Oct 16 11:05:13 PDT 2013

On Oct 16, 2013, at 1:04 PM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:

>> 1) The default PDAL schema has got 14 dimensions when reading from las and writing to postgres. I only want to have 3 default dimensions (X,Y,Z) and want to add two more dimensions. I am using selector filter to keep XYZ and create two new dimensions.

>> I want to know how to assign a default value for the new dimension.

I think the only way to do this right now is a filters.programmable, and a little python script that sets the values to be whatever you want. A simple approach might take the existing BlockID and PointID combination and use that to sequentially number each point.

>> Do you know how does the default value for PointID gets assigned?

It is calculated by the chipper. For each block, the points are sequentially numbered. The combination of BlockID and PointID should give you a unique key for each point.

Hope this helps,

Howard