[pgpointcloud] Point Cloud Schema Document

Sirdeshmukh, Neeraj n.sirdeshmukh at fugro.com
Thu Feb 15 01:57:53 PST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to simply create a Point Cloud Schema Document to work with pgPointCloud. However, I need to store latitude, longitude, and height coordinates in WGS84 that have up to 10 decimal places in the points and patches tables. Whenever I try to store these large values, and retrieve the data later on using the
PC_AsText(p pcpatch) function, I only see 4-5 decimal places in the coordinate values.

I want to preserve the precision of the original data as much as possible, and not lose any decimal values. I tried using the 'double' pc:interpretation type, but that does not work either. What would I need to do?

Thank you,

Neeraj Sirdeshmukh