[pgpointcloud] PC_Get array of dimensions

Éric Lemoine eric.lemoine at oslandia.com
Wed May 9 13:37:53 PDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 11:17 +0000, Lars wrote:
> Eric,
>
> That is interesting.
>
> Viewing the pgpointcloud source code it looks like the method
> pcpoint_get_value (pc_access.c line 66) implement the PC_Get
> function. It appears this method will deserialize the patch data for
> each invocation via the pc_point_deserialize method. Deserializing a
> patch might be an "expensive" operation.

pc_get works on points, not patches. But yes, there's a cost associated
 with the deserializing a point.

Also I've realized that you can also call pc_get with just one argument
– the point. In that case you get an array of dimension values. Not
sure about the performance gain though.

--
Éric Lemoine
Oslandia