[pgrouting-dev] New website for review

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Nov 14 12:41:22 EST 2010

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the comments!

2010/11/15 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>

> Daniel,
>
> Wow! two big thumbs up! Thank you for all this effort and the results are
> very fine.
>
> One problem on the Download -> Code Respository section:
>
> woodbri at mappy:~/work/pgrouting-git$ git clone git at github.com:
> pgRouting/pgrouting.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /u/work/pgrouting-git/pgrouting/.git/
> The authenticity of host 'github.com (207.97.227.239)' can't be
> established.
> RSA key fingerprint is 16:27:ac:a5:76:28:2d:36:63:1b:56:4d:eb:df:a6:48.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added 'github.com,207.97.227.239' (RSA) to the list
> of known hosts.
> Permission denied (publickey).

Oh maybe this problem happened, because I have never tried to clone a
repository recently, that I didn't create myself ;-)
It seems that there are several ways to access a repository:

   - SSH read and write: git at github.com:pgRouting/pgrouting.git
   - Git read only: git://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting.git

I everywhere wrote the command with read and write access and didn't think
about it. That might be the problem.

> A couple of small suggestions for the Development page.
>
> 1. I think it would be a good idea to have a "How To Contribute" page the
> has a short paragraph covering things that we think are important. Ideas
> like:
> o where to add documentation
> o How to use RFCs
> o coding standards if any (might just say to not reformat existing pages
> and to you style similar to existing).
> o test cases
> o examples
> o whatever you guys think would be appropriate and desirable for
> contributors to provide.

Good ideas ... some points I don't know well about either, but maybe we can
steal from other projects a bit.

> 2. I think it would be helpful to add a link to 1-2 GitHub Tutorials out on
> the web.

Yes, true. That's not so difficult.

> 3. Does sphinx have the ability to automatically create a site map page? If
> so I think it might be useful to generate that and link it in somewhere. If
> not I'm not sure if it is worth the effort to generate and update manually.

I don't really know.
When you create a new project with the wizard, it also creates this block on
the index.html page in root:

Indices and tables

* :ref:`genindex`

* :ref:`modindex`

* :ref:`search`

I don't know one of them could be useful. Only search worked from beginning,
so I disabled the other two.
Sitemap is only mentioned in the documentation at toctree:
http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/toctree.html?highlight=sitemap

Daniel