[pgrouting-dev] Re: Time dependent data and input format

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sat Apr 30 11:00:00 EDT 2011

2011/4/30 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>

> On 4/30/2011 8:21 AM, Jordan Anderson wrote:
>
>> I may be telling you something you already know (if so I apologize!),
>> but the Google Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) is a commonly used
>> format for providing time-dependent routing data:
>> http://code.google.com/transit/spec/transit_feed_specification.html
>>
>> City-Go-Round has a (US-oriented) list of transit agencies that
>> provide such data: http://www.citygoround.org/agencies/
>>

> Hi Jordan,
>
> Thanks for this information. I was not aware of this standard or the agency
> list. These are great resources.
>
> -Steve

I thought GTFS was designed for public transportation. So it would be
probably more suitable for Kishore.

When I looked at GTFS some time ago it seemed to be like a collection of CSV
files. I was looking for some JSON-like or XML format that time. But
thinking about it now it could be interesting to create tables in PostgreSQL
according to GTFS.

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de