[pgrouting-dev] Cannot create topology

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 17 13:27:54 EST 2011

You might also need to add it to:

/usr/share/proj/epsg

# Spherical Mercator projection
<900913> +proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0
+x_0=0.0 +y_0=0 +k=1.0 +units=m +over +nadgrids=@null +no_defs  <>

Also, when you ran assign_vetrix_id() your tolerance was something like
0.000001 which is appropriate if your data is in degrees, but this
Mercator projection is in meters so your tolerance should be something
in a range like 5.0 - 0.5, maybe start with 1.0 and see how that works.
if you rebuild you table and try different values for tolerance, you can
look at the number of unique node numbers. When the number suddenly gets
smaller you probably have it too large.

-Steve