[pgrouting-dev] Support for Time Constraints

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:48:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was looking at GSoc 2011 ideas page and Adding support for time
constraints seems to be one of the ideas. I read two papers on the topic
which are an extension to (two of the current best) techniques for speeding
up shortest path algos.

1. Time Dependent Contraction
Hierarchies<http://algo2.iti.kit.edu/english/1222.php>- an extension
to contraction hierarchies problem that we have somewhat
discussed in the Network layering Support thread, and we have not reached to
any specific conclusion there.

2. Time Dependent SHARC
Routing<http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1431038>- which is an
extension to SHARC technique.

I guess, if we implement one of the above preprocessing technique, the
extension will be a relatively simple task. Do you have any other approach
towards implementing the time constraints?  As we have  already found, the
implementation of the Contraction hierarchies will take significant
brainstorming and effort.

--
Regards,
-Jay Mahadeokar