[pgrouting-dev] Introducing myself

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:34:58 EDT 2012

Hi Razequl,

Welcome to pgRouting. Good implementation of Bi-directional searching
algorithm will be a very useful addition to pgRouting. I would suggest you
to:

- See the pgRouting source.
- Study typical pgRouting algorithm implementation link shortest_path, play
around with it, compile and debug etc. You will need to use cmake and other
tools for the same.
- Think about design the data structures and modules that will be needed
for Bi-directional algorithm implementation and discuss the same in the
list.

Steve and Daniel will surely provide useful insights and guidance for you.
:-)
Let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Razequl Islam <ziboncsedu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Razequl Islam, student of Dhaka university, Bangladesh. I am new to
> the group. I am interested in implementing bi directional searching
> algorithms in pgrouting, Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.
>
> Best Regards,
> Razequl

-Jay Mahadeokar
Mtech, II Year,