[pgrouting-dev] Questions

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Jun 3 04:51:06 PDT 2012

Hi Jinfu,

pgRouting uses Cmake (www.cmake.org) and it's a good idea to look into the
Cmake documentation. There are probably things that can be done even better
with the current Cmake install files.

pgRouting has two types of "algorithms": those part of "core" and those
part of "extra". To install algorithm part of "extra" a compile flag like
"--with-tsp" is used.
The reason to have "core" and "extra" was, that some algorithms required
other libraries such as GAUL or CGAL and it was sometimes a bit complicated
to get them installed. So we put them into "extra" that pgRouting could be
compiled more easily for those, who only needed shortest path functions.

On the long term it would be nice to get rid of dependencies like CGAL and
we could forget about "extra" and just compile all function.
So I would propose that every algorithm that has no new dependencies should
be compiled by default and doesn't get a compile flag.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de