[pgrouting-dev] shortest_path_shooting_star

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jun 9 19:06:53 PDT 2012

Hi all,

In all likelihood, we will abandon the shooting star code unless someone
want to try and figure out the implementation and try to fix the code.
Currently the TRSP code does everything that shooting star does, so
there is not loss of functionality AND it is significantly faster
something like 2+ times faster, and it does not have any bugs in it.

On thought I had was that we could wire in the TRSP algorithm to the
Shooting Star function signature, but give that we would like to
rationalize all the function APIs potentially in 2.0 if we can ever get
the time to do that release, I'm not sure what the value of having two
function signatures, trsp and shooting star both using the same code.

Anton was the last developer the tried to work on it and he is gone. We
would be happy to take patches if someone can figure out the Boost code.

Thanks,
   -Steve