[pgrouting-dev] First stab at shooting_star fix

Steve Horn steve at stevehorn.cc
Fri Jun 15 08:19:38 PDT 2012

Badly needing a heuristic based shortest path, I dug into the shooting_star
code to see if I could fix the existing one way bug.

On the surface it looks like a very trivial fix, but not having a breadth
of knowledge across how the internals of these algorithms work, I am
looking for a reviewer to make sure this fix doesn't break anything else.

My changes are here:
https://github.com/stevehorn/pgrouting/commit/0ddd4bc94bef86fde6905e6255169c03c8a67e9a

Please note the inline comments. One is pointing out the actual change to
fix the bug, and the other is a question on what the code is doing.

Here are some images showing the before and after:

Before:
[image: Inline image 2]

After:
[image: Inline image 1]

Not sure the embedded images will work, so here are some direct links:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3795214/shooting_star_before_fix.PNG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3795214/shooting_star_fixed.PNG

If this appears to have fixed the bug I would be happy to contribute this
as a patch into the main repository.

--
Steve Horn