[pgrouting-dev] postgis2 and driving distance

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Jun 19 03:10:55 PDT 2012

Hi Mario,

I think it's a good idea to drop CGAL if possible ... and you proofed that
it is possible.
I guess that PostGIS 2.0 will soon become a standard, so if we now want to
make a bigger cleanup and new release of pgRouting it's OK to require
PostGIS 2.0 in my opinion. There haven't been many questions about driving
distance on the lists, so I assume there are not so many users of this
function either.

If you move it into "core" (which is a good idea), please don't commit it
into "master" branch for now.
I would propose to either make a different branch for that, that we can
merge later, or use "devel-2_0" branch, which already contains code
cleanup: https://github.com/pgrouting/pgrouting/tree/devel-2_0

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de