[pgrouting-dev] Develop the automatic testing tool

Jinfu Leng logicnut at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:38:12 PDT 2012

Hey all,

I almost finished my code for the new algorithm. Next I want to test the
performance (regarding computing time) of these algorithms. I am planning
to randomly generate some source-target pairs, and use them for testing.
But I do not know where to start.

My questions are:
How to execute the query from the code? (I always test the algorithms from
pgadmin)
How to save the results? (I want to save the total distance at least, and
then I can use these results to make sure all the algorithms are right)
How to measure the computing time of each algorithm?

Thanks a lot,
Jinfu