[pgrouting-dev] Question Regarding the Source Code

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 31 21:31:03 PDT 2012

On 5/31/2012 11:53 PM, Jinfu Leng wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I started to code the new algorithm based on the source code of the
> existing algorithms. I just noticed there are some lines like:
>
> "#include <boost/graph/graph_traits.hpp>
> #include <boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp>
> #include <boost/graph/dijkstra_shortest_paths.hpp>"
>
> What do these ".hpp" files used for? Where can I locate them?

These are part of the Boost Graph library. Boost is mostly C++ templates
and the code is included via the .hpp files.

On Debian and Ubuntu systems they are installed via packages like:

libboost-graph-dev
libboost-graph1.34.1 the version number will change

# this will get the package names
apt-cache search libboost-graph

# this will install them
sudo apt-get install <packages>

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/libs/graph/doc/index.html
http://ecee.colorado.edu/~siek/boostcon2010bgl.pdf

You do not need any of these if you are coding your own algorithm
without boost.