[pgrouting-dev] Free as in Freedom OSM converter

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jun 10 21:42:37 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I'm not sure all of the pgrouting code supports bigint, in fact, I'm
> pretty sure most of it does not. We would need to change all id variables
> to be declared "long int" in the C code and
>
> We should probably open a ticket for this and assign it to 2.1.

Hi Steve,

I think the problem is not so much pgRouting as parsing OSM data, and the
current implementation cannot handle 32bit ID's.
There is lot of OSM data we don't want to use and which gets filtered by
osm2pgrouting (ie. POI's polygons, etc), but in OSM it has an ID.

It makes no sense to use original OSM ID's, but it's good to keep them as a
reference.
OSM network data also needs to be noded, so it's anyhow necessary to create
own ID's and I doubt we need bigint for that ... at least not for the near
future, I hope ;-)

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de