[pgrouting-dev] Definitions for types

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Fri Jun 14 13:53:44 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Really basic question.  Playing with the develop branch.  With
pgr_costresult, what are the pieces of that composite type, and where's
the best reference for this?  I guessed rightly that cost was one of
them, e.g.:

SELECT (pgr_astar('SELECT gid AS id, source, target, length AS cost, x1,
x2, y1, y2 FROM ways', 25352, 21285, false, false)).cost;

I know how to look up types in psql, i.e. '\dT', or better yet '\dt+',
but there's no description of what the names of the sub-types are in the
tuple.

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Steve