[pgrouting-dev] 2.0 Update 2013-03-07

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 7 17:59:08 PST 2013

Hi All,

Today I have had my head held hostage to cmake :(

The problem is that in the new directory tree structure we have

pgrouting
   core
     common
       doc
       sql
         blabla.sql
         blabla2.sql
       src
       test
     astar
       doc
       sql
         foofoo.sql
         foofoo2.sql
       src
       test
     dijkstra
       doc
       sql
         barbar.sql
       src
       test

And SOME of the core subfolders can be optionally build or not. Then for
building an extension we would like to collect all the appropriate sql
files and concatenate them into one large file that will get installed
by the extension mechanism. The trick is getting cmake to bubble up what
is happening in the local subdir cmake process to the master top level
cmake process. Oh, and to complicate things cmake runs during the
configuration phase, but you don't want it to install until you are in
the "make install" phase.

Anyway, I think I have all the pieces I need to make this work. So I am
in the process of editing and testing the process which has typos or
bugs in it at the moment. So I hope to commit all this tomorrow if I can
get it working.

Once that has been committed, I will take a pause on restructuring and
migrate this all over to a windows build environment and make sure
things work there. This will also give me a chance to test it with PG
9.2 and PostGIS 2.0 and eventually PostGIS 2.1.