[pgrouting-dev] How many people use the wrapper functions?

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon May 13 10:24:09 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Worth Lutz <wal3 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> ** ** **
>
> I think that the “Gists” idea is a good one.  I like the idea of having
> some simple wrapper examples which demonstrate a concept. They do not have
> to be the solution to everyone’s problem.

The advantages Gists are:

   - they can be discussed (comments beneath the source)
   - they keep a reference to the author
   - they can be forked
   - no need to handle permissions for writing as it had to be for a
   "contrib" repository

So we could copy the current wrapper functions into Gists and then everyone
could help to make them better.

"Highlights" could then also be linked in the manual or used for the
tutorial.

You can already start:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Writing-functions ;-)

Daniel