[pgrouting-dev] Documentation review comments

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun May 26 08:18:19 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

You are doing an awesome job with the documentation. I have a few minor
comments on things I have noticed while review it.

* Can we break out the "Utility functions" to a separate page that gets
indexed to make it easier to find. It is currently at the bottom of the
pgrouting_analytics page.

* pgr_quote_ident seems to be on its own page, but this and the
utilities should be cross references may via the "See Also" links.

* I see references to "(built-in function)" but don't remember seeing
any description of what this means to the user or why we are calling
them out as such.

* many of the built-in functions do not conform to our naming
convention. So may be we need to focus on updating these functions and
the functions that call these. Also I think the doc is just out of date
for many of these, because I seem to remember changing the names on these.

* I notice in the index that we have references "module", "[1]", "[2]",
"[3]", etc. I'm not sure the [n] is very useful and should probably get
changed to some text string that is more meaningful. And common module,
... in index makes no sense to me. I'm not sure how this all works in
sphinx or if we can clean this up or not.

Anyway, some ideas to make things a little nicer. I really like how
professional and consistent the docs look. Great job on these.

Thanks,