[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting Release Process Checklist

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 30 13:23:02 PDT 2013

Daniel, et al,

I have taken a first pass at defining a pgRouting Release Process
Checklist in the Wiki:

https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/pgRouting-Release-Process-Checklist

We need to review and expand on this list and I would like to see each
step documented in enough detail that someone not familiar with the
process could follow the check list and cut a release of a new version.

For example I do not know who (email addresses) needs to be notified?
We need to had what is our version/tag naming conventions?
How do we know when it is appropriate to make a tag or a release?

We have put a lot of work into making our project consistent internally,
and I want to make sure that we have repeatable processes so we are
consistent externally as we make releases.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,