[pgrouting-dev] [SoC] GSOC'14- pgrouting weekly report 4:Refactor Current VRP Implementation into Generic Class Solver for pgRouting

Mukul priya mukul2047 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 02:29:52 PDT 2014

Hi all,

here is my 4th weekly report :

*  What did i do this week ?*

* I am still working on the optimizer(tabu search).Modifying and trying to
compile the Vrp_basic code so that i can make it work for the TSP problem
at least and after that modify it for VRP. This  [paper](
http://cs.brown.edu/courses/csci2950-u/s13/papers/tsp.pdf) (section 2.3)
Gives a very simple and algorithmic example of Tabu search and has been
very helpful.

*   What will I be working on next week?*

* I think i will get the optimizer working this weekend , if not then the
first priority will be to get it in working condition and after that tweak
it and see results for VRP and its variants.
* The focus will be on discussion with my mentors and implementation of my
initial plan .

* Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

* No

Link to report :
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2014-Mukul-Priya-R4

-Mukul