[pgrouting-dev] Reg: Compile error in KSP with PostgreSQL 8.4

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jun 22 07:50:51 PDT 2015

On 6/22/2015 10:37 AM, Manikanta Kondeti wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am facing an error while building from source. This is that
>   issue: https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/109
>
>    How to resolve that?  Changing Pg version to 9.1 in CMakeLists.txt is
> not working. I have 9.1 and 9.4 postgresql versions installed in my
> system. Help me out in resolving this.

Mani,

Sorry, the CMakeLists.txt files built for pgrouting 2.x were not
designed for support multiple versions installed on the same system.
This is a problem for me because I have 9.2, 9.3, and 9.4 installed and
I can only build and install on 9.4.

The solution id to update the CMakeLists.txt and specifically
cmake/FindPostgreSQL.cmake which so you can do something like

cd build
cmake -DUSE_PG=9.x ..

I took a quick look at doing this a while back but
cmake/FindPostgreSQL.cmake needs to be replaced and other changes are
needed and I didn't have time to make the changes and get it working.

tools/test-runner.pl already support options for pg versions and ports
so only the build system is broken in this regard.

If you want to read up on CMake and get this working a pull request
would be great!