[pgrouting-dev] How do I work on pgRouting documentation?

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Wed Jun 22 10:53:09 PDT 2016

Hello Worth Lutz.

The documentation changes you made them to master or to develop?
Right now develop documentation has changed, not in everything put it has
lots of changes.
http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/en/doc/index.html
It is better for us to work on the develop branch which has the 2.3
documentation.
Its changing a lot. so to have the current contents of develop in your for:
git checkout develop
git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/develop
git push
then in the github site you will be able to see that it contains the
current contents of develop.
Then you can branch to a working directory
git checkout -b 'improve/documentation'
then do a
git push
and give me the link to the branch in your repository so that if I make
changes to develop's documentation, I can make a pull request to your
branch with the changes I made.
Work on the documentation, and make pull requests to develop.
thanks.

Vicky from the pgRouting team

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Worth Lutz <wal3 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> If I want to work on some errors/typos in the documentation, how do I do
> that?
>
> I've got a fork and want to create a pull request.
>
> Which branch should I be working on?
> As I'm starting a new routing project, I'm reading (and rereading) the
> documentation a lot and think I should fix what I find.
>
> --
> *Worth Lutz*

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,