[pgrouting-dev] A roadmap

A Tasca atasca10 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 07:36:47 PDT 2018

I am excited about the proposed work in rewriting pgr_trsp with a Dijkstra
implementation and would be happy to participate in discussion related to
this rework as it might have good implication on my work (even without
With-Points capabilities).

I am also interested in working towards moving the pgr_lineGraphFull
function up from the experimental section and am hoping to work towards
this in the near future.

I remember some discussion of making pgRouting into an API style library
for the 3.0 release where the graph can stay loaded into memory across
multiple calls to pgRouting and this change interests me because of its
potential run-time benefits.

Another project that I have seen discussion on that I am interested in is
using osm2pgrouting to extract turn data to be used with the pgr_trsp
rewrite (although I think some work has already been done on this effort).

Because of all of this I would be happy to see a 3.0 release sooner as per
road map #2 so that these improvements can be made use of sooner but both
road maps look good to me!

Thanks,
Anthony