[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2020 - Introduction of Project

Prakash Tiwari 85prakash2017 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:39:52 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,
My name is Prakash Tiwari, currently pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science
Engineering from UPES, Dehradun (University of Petroleum and Energy
Studies, Dehradun).
First of all, I would like to thanks all the community members of OSGeo and
pgRouting for giving me this opportunity. I am honored to be considered for
the opportunity and feel I would be valuable to the community. I am really
excited to be working with the community and mentors.
My project for GSoC 2020 is "Lengauer Tarjan dominator tree and Two graphs
common Spanning Trees for pgRouting" and if time permits then I will
implement the "Bipartite graph algorithm" for pgRouting. Currently,
pgRouting does not have these algorithms implemented, so I will implement
these algorithms in this Google Summer of Code period. All the benefits of
the project to the community and details are mentioned in my detailed
proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ksLoliCa3JPmCvvzEGB_Kh_j1KlSG7hClsdtWCkGVBc/edit#heading=h.4mfgvbo9zg8l>.
I will be implementing these algorithms in a GitHub fork
<https://github.com/prakashupes/GSoC-pgRouting/tree/develop>of pgRoutingā€™s
GSoC-pgRouting repository and will be regularly updating the weekly reports
on the project wiki,
<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2020-Lengauer-Tarjan-dominator-tree-and-Two-graphs-common-Spanning-Trees>
which will show my regular progress.
Again, thank you for this opportunity.