[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2020 - Depth First Search and Sequential Vertex Coloring for pgRouting - Community Bonding Report Week 3 (Week [-1] Report)

Ashish Kumar ashishkr23438 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 10:18:18 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

As I had already started coding from this week, so this is my first weekly
report.

Public Repository: [1]
Project Wiki: [2]

*Coding Period Week [-1] Report (Community Bonding Week 3)*
*(May 18th - May 24th)*

   - *What did I complete this week?*
      - I started coding my first function named pgr_depthFirstSearch in a
      branch named pgr_depthFirstSearch [3] in my forked repository.
      - Added all the required files for the implementation of this
      function - C, C++, SQL code, and the files required for the documentation
      and tests.
      - Added the function name in the configuration.conf file and the
      signatures in the pgrouting--3.0.0.sig file.
      - Made a pull request #34 to the gsoc-ashish branch of the
      GSoC-pgRouting repository [4].
   - *What did I plan to do the next week?*
      - Currently, the function returns an empty row for every query. So, I
      will first transform the data to C++ containers suitable for using with
      boost and will try to add the boost functionality to this function.
      - *Am I blocked on anything?*
      - No, currently I don't have any blocking issue.

*Links:*

   - [1] https://github.com/krashish8/GSoC-pgRouting
   - [2]
   https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2020-Depth-First-Search-and-Sequential-Vertex-Coloring