[pgrouting-dev] Requesting Feedback for Draft Proposal

Saurav Uppoor sauravsuppoor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 10:15:59 PDT 2021

Hello all,

I am Saurav Uppoor, currently a 3rd-year Computer Engineering undergraduate
from TSEC, University of Mumbai, India. I have decent knowledge in C/C++,
Data Structures Algorithms, Graph Theory and Version Control and enjoy
problem-solving. Having some experience in open source previously, I would
like to contribute to pgRouting.

I have gone through the Idea List and found Idea 2 intriguing and plan to
contribute to it during the GSoC 2021 period. I have completed the
pgRouting Application Requirements which can be viewed here:
https://github.com/pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting/issues/145.

After some research, I propose to implement the Brandes' Betweenness
Centrality in pgRouting using Boost Graph Library. Official Boost
documentation for the algorithm can be found here:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/graph/doc/betweenness_centrality.html
.

Here is the link to my proposal which I feel is complete now:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1og12ZNgPk6B_3XGXex7HFiCS6ktMKE_trfIuzR5Gedc/edit?usp=sharing
.

I will really appreciate any kind of feedback or suggestion that you will
provide.

Kindest regards,
Saurav Uppoor