[pgrouting-dev] GSoC '21 Draft Proposal for pgRouting - Ashish Kumar, requesting for feedback

Ashish Kumar ashishkr23438 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 04:33:26 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I am Ashish Kumar, a third-year undergraduate student from IIT (BHU)
Varanasi, India pursuing Computer Science and Engineering. I have been
contributing to pgRouting since last year, and thus, I am pretty familiar
with the codebase of pgRouting. I also have a good experience in C++,
Git/GitHub, and graph algorithms.

I contributed to pgRouting in GSoC '20 and added some functionality to it,
particularly the Boost Graph algorithms [1]. I would like to take another
opportunity to contribute to pgRouting during the GSoC '21 period. From the
GSoC Ideas page of pgRouting, Idea 3 interests me [2]. It focuses on
implementing the VRP functionality in the vrprouting repository [3] of
pgrouting, using VROOM [4] as a library in C++. The VROOM and similar
optimizations related to VRP functions are of particular interest to the
community as well, therefore, I'm looking forward to contributing to
pgRouting, to add the VRP functionality with VROOM on the database. I have
already completed the pgRouting Application Requirements for GSoC (again)
[5] [6]. Also, I have been discussing the ideas with the mentors and
simultaneously preparing the GSoC proposal for the same, for a long time.
The draft of the proposal is ready, and I have shared the link of the draft
[7] with the OSGeo organization from the GSoC dashboard. Hereby, I'm
looking for valuable feedback or criticism from the community. Please
review the draft of the proposal and give your suggestions, so that I can
submit the final proposal for GSoC '21.

Looking forward to your feedback on the Draft Proposal. [7]

Regards,
Ashish Kumar.

[1]
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2020/projects/4678956906708992/