[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2022 Week 7 Report : Add Google Or tools functionality to pgrouting

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:30:19 PDT 2022

Hi Manas,

Thank you for working on this topic.

> figure out how to add python ortools to pgrouting requirements

I don't know all the details, so apologies if my comment is too early or
already known.

if it can be done, it would be ideal for me ( as a user )  if the
plpython3u system requirement was optional and not mandatory.
Now the plpythonu is an “untrusted” language[1]
  and is not allowed to be installed in many places;  ( ~ strict security
policy )

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/plpython.html
*"The writer of a function in untrusted PL/Python must take care that the
function cannot be used to do anything unwanted, since it will be able to
do anything that could be done by a user logged in as the database
administrator.  Only superusers can create functions in untrusted languages
such as plpythonu."   *

Regards,
 Imre

Manas Sivakumar <callmehero350 at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. júl.