[pgrouting-users] How to best handle Z-Level?

Anton Patrushev anton at orkney.co.jp
Mon Aug 18 00:53:48 EDT 2008

Actually it is common practice to assume that it is an intersection if
two edges have a common node. Which actually means that you have four
edges.
      0

0-----0-----0

      0

If you don't want them to be intersected, you just don't need to add a
node there.
      0

      0

If your data has third dimension, I can change assign_vertex_id()
function to work with 3d distance and it will assume that it is not a
common point, because there is some distance between layers.

If it doesn't have third dimension - I don't know, it is kind of tricky then...