[pgrouting-users] GSoC progress report - OpenGraphRouter

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Aug 11 17:05:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Ashraf has been very busy this summer and pretty much completed his
goals for GSoC. He also plans on continuing with this work as part of
the OpenGraphRouter project and I think he has established a good code
base that we can use to move the project forward with. He is working on
documenting what he has developed so far as his final GSoC tasks.

There are lots of areas for improvements that we have already discussed
about performance, adding additional solvers, improving on the driving
directions, packaging the code into useful additional tools, etc, but
these will wait until after GSoC.

I was able to take his code and build a graph for all of British
Columbia, Canada and connect that to a simple OpenLayers web page to
show it working, which you can seen here:

http://imaptools.com:8080/maps/gsoc2009/?zoom=4&lat=53.56076&lon=-122.60619&layers=BTTT&start=-131.686064%2058.79915&stop=-114.055306%2049.024077&method=GetDD&lang=eng

Be patient, it can take a while to solve (20sec). It currently is doing
a Dijkstra solution for the whole network of all roads in British Columbia.

The project and all the code is at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengraphrouter/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/opengraphrouter/wiki

Kudos to Ashraf for all his work and effort. It has been a lot of fun
working with him on this project and I look forward to additional
collaborations in the future.

Best regards,