[pgrouting-users] osm2pgrouting: errors on importing routing_core.sql

Daniel Kastl kastl at orkney.co.jp
Wed Aug 12 19:12:30 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

You need to have pgRouting successfully installed.
And this doesn't seem to be the case.

> That tutorial is given for Ubuntu 8.04. But on my Debian Lenny I have no
> directory /usr/share/postlbs. The only files named routing_core.sql,
> routing_core_wrappers.sql and routing_topology.sql are situated in my
> original download directory for the pgrouting at
> /var/src/pgrouting/pgrouting/core/sql. Is that right? Or have I still to do
> anything with these files after Make? Because when I adjust the path to
> routing_core.sql in the first above command to the right place I get these
> errors:

The SQL files are the same and are copied in the /usr/share/postlbs
directory when installation was OK.

> psql:/var/src/pgrouting/pgrouting/core/sql/routing_core.sql:32: ERROR:
> could not access file "$libdir/librouting": No such file or directory
> psql:/var/src/pgrouting/pgrouting/core/sql/routing_core.sql:43: ERROR:
> could not access file "$libdir/librouting": No such file or directory
> psql:/var/src/pgrouting/pgrouting/core/sql/routing_core.sql:53: ERROR:
> could not access file "$libdir/librouting": No such file or directory

Because routing_core.sql needs pgRouting library which is not available.

> But the import of the other files routing_core_wrappers.sql and
> routing_topology.sql ran in success! Only routing_core.sql makes problems.
> What can I do with this?

Because they don't make use directly of pgRouting library.

I'm aware of some issues when installing pgRouting on Debian, but can't
recall them now. You might find some posts in the forum or mailing list
archive.

So as a summary: see if pgRouting has been installed without errors.