[pgrouting-users] osm2pgrouting import problem

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Tue Jul 14 13:26:38 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

> In case it is not obvious, since you are patch source files you will
> need to rebuild the executables and install them in some appropriate
> place.

I`m not sure if I understand, you mean, I need to rebuild osm2pgrouting?

I tried now:

1.)Checking out osm2pgrouting
from: svn checkout http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/svn/pgrouting/tools/osm2pgrouting/trunk osm2pgrouting

2.) make

(I think, osm2pgrouting doesn`t need a make install ?)

3.) patch -p0 -i db.patch in  /home/work/osm2pgrouting

...should be the steps, no?

Then I started:
./osm2pgrouting -file your-OSM-XML-File.osm -conf mapconfig.xml -dbname routing -user postgres

...but memory and also swap (after 30 minutes) are increasing extremely high (Memory 98% of 2GB RAM, Swap so far 33% of 7,5 GB).......

hm.....well, I will wait and see what happens....

Best regards, Kai