[pgrouting-users] What is the earliest version of PostGIS that pgRouting works with?

Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Mon Jul 26 15:02:16 EDT 2010

Hi Dan,

It's a bit difficult to recall exactly what was introduced in which version
of PostGIS.

The "smart" function uses the "ST_startpoint" and "ST_endpoint" function,
which had some issues in certain versions of PostGIS as far as I remember.
This problem also occurred in the workshop, see:
http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/WorkshopFOSS4G2008/ch08 (well, it's not a
problem of PostgreSQL as written there, but it's a problem of PostGIS. I
just can't tell now which version it was).

I agree that the target should be 1.3+. We could think about some
compatibility table for wrapper functions, if many of them will make use of
new functions.
If there is a larger interest in publishing new wrappers (hopefully many
from the community), we might have to think about a better way to organize
them.

Daniel