[pgrouting-users] Re: Many errors : function driving_distance does not exist, shortest_path_astar , tps

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Aug 22 09:44:38 EDT 2011

Hi Jules,

I can't manage to import your dump file. It only contains data, but not the
"ways".
This is how the "ways" table looks in the pgRouting workshop:

CREATE TABLE ways (
  gid integer NOT NULL,
  class_id integer,
  length double precision,
  "name" character(200),
  x1 double precision,
  y1 double precision,
  x2 double precision,
  y2 double precision,
  reverse_cost double precision,
  "rule" text,
  to_cost double precision,
  the_geom geometry,
  source integer,
  target integer,
  CONSTRAINT ways_pkey PRIMARY KEY (gid),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK (st_ndims(the_geom) = 2),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_the_geom CHECK (geometrytype(the_geom) =
'MULTILINESTRING'::text OR the_geom IS NULL),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_the_geom CHECK (st_srid(the_geom) = 4326)
) WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);

> *SELECT * from driving_distance('select gid as id,source,target,length::**double
> precision as cost from ways',22777838,0.01);*
>
> ERROR: function driving_distance ("unknown", integer, numeric) does not
> exist
> HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You need to
> add explicit type conversions.

There are two functions with this name that take different arguments:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/extra/driving_distance/sql/routing_dd_wrappers.sql#L78
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/extra/driving_distance/sql/routing_dd.sql#L24

> *SELECT * FROM shortest_path_astar('select gid as
> id,source::int4,target::int4,reverse_cost::double precision as
> reverse_cost,x1,y1,x2,y2 from ways',22,150,false,false);*
> ERREUR:  Error, query must return columns 'id', 'source', 'target' and
> 'cost'

There could be something wrong with your "ways" table, because I couldn't
load the table dump either.

> *SELECT * from tsp('select distinct source as source_id,x1::double
> precision as x,y1::double precision as y from ways where source
> in(91,35,75,504,254)','91,35,75,504,254',353);*
>
> WARNING: stop the connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to cancel the
> transaction
> Current and leave because another process server left abnormally
> and there is probably corrupted shared memory.
> TIP: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the base of
> data and restart your order.
> the server connection was cut off unexpectedly
>          The server may have terminated abnormally before or during
>          processing the request.
> The server connection was lost. Attempting reset: success / or sometimes
> not.

Have you tried one of the TSP wrapper functions?
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/extra/tsp/sql/routing_tsp_wrappers.sql

They take less arguments, so maybe easier to make the query correct.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de