[pgrouting-users] shootingstar_sp vs shortest_path_shooting_star

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 5 13:33:16 EST 2011

On 12/5/2011 11:32 AM, John Williams wrote:
> I've got directions working fairly well using the shootingstar_sp
> example from the workshop on the website. Now, I'm trying to get one-way
> streets working. Can this be done with shootingstar_sp? ...or do I have
> to use shortest_path_shooting_star()? Can someone tell me the
> difference? I've found shortest_path_shooting_star in the documentation,
> but not shootingstar_sp.
>
> Thanks...

Yes you can do oneway streets in shooting star.

create a column "reverse_cost" then set reverse_cost = cost and then set
the cost or reverse cost to 10000 for the wrong way.

sone you call shortest_path_shooting_star(...., directed,
has_reverse_cost) and set both directed and has_reverse_cost to "true".