[pgrouting-users] shootingstar_sp vs shortest_path_shooting_star

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 5 20:10:03 EST 2011

I think shooting star on version 1.05 is broken at least for turn
restrictions based on some test I've recently done.I think the we had to

Regarding oneway streets, there has been some discussion, maybe in a
ticket, that oneway streets are really working but that the costs were
getting reported incorrectly. I would create a very simple graph of
about 10 edges and and make some of them oneway to force the route an
otherwise longer way through the network on oneway streets than it could
go if it ignored the oneway streets and see what the results are. If it
really is bad then you have a trivial example that you can attach to a
ticket that demonstrates the problem.

One of the things that I am advocating and have started developing are
some simple sql files the build a graph and solve it and compare the
results to an expected results files. I want to build a suite of these
for an automated test suite that can be run before code checkins and
before releases to validate them. I have already started building some
of these as I have spare time. I would be happy to add any that users
want to develop also. Keep the networks small in number of nodes and
edges makes them easier to debug and easier to build and understand. In
some of the ones I build, I have been surprised that the result was not
my expected result, but valid none the less.

Thanks,
   -Steve