[pgrouting-users] Install Pg Routing in Windows environment?

James David Smith james.david.smith at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 06:13:31 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

A couple of basic questions that I hope someone could help me with.

1) I note that PGRouting with Windows Binaries is on version 8.4.2  (
http://www.pgrouting.org/download.html#windows-binaries ).  Could someone
please confirm which version of PostgreSQL I should install to ensure that
PGRouting works with it?  List here:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload . As an
aside I will be wanting to use PostGIS too, but I hope/prsume that this is
largely unrelated to my question.

2) I have a road network that I use in ArcGIS at the moment, stored in an
access database, but I would like to use it in PG Routing instead. Could
someone talk me through how to do this or provide a link to a guide? I
thought that I could perhaps save it as a Shapefile and then use the QGIS
'Spit' tool to move it into the PostgreSQL database. Would this be a
suitable method? Will it work?

Thank you and best wishes

James