[pgrouting-users] pgrouting speed

Emre Koc emrekoch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:29:17 EST 2011

Hi All,

What is the average speed for running a shortest path query over a large
city ? For Istanbul it takes about 3.5 seconds to find a path in my setup. I
slightly modified sp_smart_directed function and using it right now but I am
not sure if the speed is ok. If I reduce delta value for this function
(which is limiting the region to be processed) operation is speeding up but
it cannot find paths that exceeds the region.

If my query time is slow what is your suggestion on speeding things up? I
added index for the_geom column. Is there anything to be done extra?

Thanks,

/emre